You are here
Solix Enterprise Data Management Suite
Solix Enterprise Data Management SuiteTM In today's business climate, effective data management has become a vital business issue, debated not just in the CIO's office but in the CFO's, legal counsel's and, in some cases, state and federal courts, and corporate boardrooms. Effective data management is the key to controlling CapEx investments in the Data Center, increasing IT effectiveness, and responding in a timely manner to compliance and litigation requirements. It is a key to providing more − higher quality service − with less − lower overall hardware investment and staff costs. This helps the IT department look better compared to the competition
Effective data management is the key to retiring obsolescent applications, freeing expensive staff and shutting down or reassigning the expensive hardware they run on. It keeps vital enterprise applications such as corporate financials, ERP, and CRM at maximum performance levels. It empowers tiered data management of corporate databases using business policies, providing the most efficient and cost-effective access to the data on which the business runs.
And the key to effective data management is the Solix Enterprise Data Management Suite (EDMS). This fully integrated set of leading-edge tools is the solution for managing data holistically to ensure compliance, manage cost, improve performance and operational efficiencies, and maximize data security. It gives IT and the business control over its vital structured data through consistent enforcement of business rules across the enterprise.
Solix EDMS is the leading-edge Enterprise Data Management product in the industry as proven by:
Its central features:
- Scalability: Solix EDMS supports production database size in multi-terabytes.
- Openness: Solix EDMS works with any database (even non-RDBMS) supporting JDBC.
- Flexibility: Solix EDMS comes with tools like Solix Configurator and Solix Patch Synchronizer that make change simple without major rework and disruptions.
- Integration: Solix EDMS is a single product suite that manages multiple data management functions: database archiving, application retirement, test data management and data masking.
- Extensibility: While Solix EDMS history started with support of Oracle E-Business Suite Database Archiving, the same product with a single codebase has been extended to cover multiple ERPs and other applications across multiple databases - and the application coverage continues to increase.
Its leading edge components including:
- Single-Pass Database Cloning™ and data subsetting, which makes the creation database copies for testing and training fast and efficient while keeping those clones to a manageable size.
- Automated data masking, which provides several approaches to protecting sensitive data in those clones while preserving data formats.
- Its highly flexible architecture, allows easy customization to integrate with the major business applications in your environment.
- The Solix Enterprise Metadata Manager, which manages the metadata for all data types from multiple applications independent of the database platforms through an extensible metadata model framework.
- The ability to be easily configured to work with custom and home-grown applications and custom data architectures, including legacy mainframe applications.
- Its fully integrated product set that allows it to address database archiving, application retirement, test data management, and data masking for multiple core business applications from a single installation instance
Vendors who rebrand and sell it as part of their product suites under OEM:
List of Validated Integrations from respective vendors for the following products:
- Oracle E-Business Suite R 12.1
- Oracle Exastack Ready ( Oracle Database 11gR2, Oracle WebLogic 11g, Oracle Linux 5.5 and above)
- Oracle Exadata Database Machine
- Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud
- PeopleSoft R 9.0
- JD Edwards Enterprise One R 8.12
- Siebel CRM 8.1
- Hitachi's HCAP
- EMC Centera
- NetApp FlexClone
- IBM DR 550
Solix EDMS Components
The Solix EDMS includes:
- Solix EDMS Database Archiving, which enforces business policies for classifying, tiering, archiving and managing the lifecycle of structured data for pre-packaged applications such as Oracle E-Business Suite, PeopleSoft, Siebel, JD Edwards, BaaN or custom applications or data warehouses from a single console.
- Solix EDMS Test Data Management, which manages database cloning and subsetting for automated creation of databases for testing, development,QA, and other non-production applications while reducing infrastructure costs and improving development cycles.
- Solix EDMS Data Masking, which ensures data security and compliance by masking sensitive data in test databases using several masking algorithms and at the same time maintaining referential integrity of the data to keep the application testing process seamless.
- Solix EDMS Application Retirement, which empowers application portfolio management by automating the process of retirement of obsolete applications while archiving vital data, thereby allowing companies to reassign expensive IT staff and shut down or recycle servers and storage systems while guaranteeing integrity of all data archived.
At the core of the Solix EDMS is the Solix Enterprise Metadata Manager, which manages the metadata for all data types from multiple applications independent of the database platforms through an extensible metadata model framework. This guarantees the relational integrity of all data managed via Solix EDMS, regardless of where it is physically or logically in the tiered system, specifically including data archived from retired applications. That ensures that data remains searchable, readable, and understandable.
Solix EDMS is available as an integrated product suite features:
- Policy-based data archiving from a single management console.
- Automated archiving and purge processes.
- Automated cloning and subsetting based on user-defined business rules.
- Management of database cloning activity and destinations.
- Masking or encryption of sensitive data in database clones and subsets.
- Increased application performance leading to improved business agility.
- Decreased cost of data and storage footprint.
- Faster cloning for test, development, and QA leading to improved DBA productivity.
- Minimized risk of breach of sensitive data in non-production databases.
- Improved compliance through read-only archived data.
- Improved records management through long term data retention and data immutability.
- Optimized application portfolio leading to lower operating costs.